Amazon Boasts Record Holiday 7073彩票平台ping Results
Amazon?said this holiday season was “record-breaking” with “billions of items” ordered worldwide and a surge in Prime usage.
?stock gained more than 4% on December 26th after the company announced the claim, making it the best day for Amazon stock since January 30th, according to
“This holiday season has been better than ever thanks to our customers and employees all around the world,” said?Jeff Bezos,?Amazon?founder and CEO.
Amazon said in one week alone, more than five million new customers started Prime free trials or began paid memberships worldwide. The number of Prime members who tried grocery delivery for the first time this holiday season increased by more than 80%. Furthermore, the number of items that were delivered with Prime Free One-Day and Prime Free Same-Day Delivery nearly quadrupled compared to the same time period last holiday season.
Popular departments customers shopped in Amazon’s stores in the U.S. were toys, fashion, home and beauty with more than half a billion total items ordered. Tens of millions of Amazon Devices were purchased worldwide and some of the best-selling products were the Echo Dot, Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote,?and the Echo Show?5.
This holiday season?Amazon?added more than 250,000 full and part-time seasonal roles across its global customer fulfillment network, with the company now employing 750,000 employees worldwide. Amazon?currently has 150 delivery stations in?the United States?that employ more than 90,000 Amazon Logistics associates.
Here a few more takeaways from Amazon’s worldwide and U.S.-only seasonal and year-end highlights:
- Prime members ordered more than double the number of grocery items this holiday season compared to last year.
- Amazon?delivered tens of millions grocery items from?Whole Foods Market?and Amazon Fresh this holiday season.
- Over 100 million items sold by independent third-party sellers – mostly small and medium-sized businesses – were shipped with Prime Free One-Day Delivery over the holidays in the U.S.
- Millions more items were ordered to an Amazon Hub location during the holiday season than ever before.
- Sixty percent more customers shipped their holiday order to an?Amazon?pickup point this season compared to last year.
- The top ten cities that used an Amazon Locker or Amazon Counter location this holiday were?Chicago,?Los Angeles,?New York,?Philadelphia,?Seattle,?Portland,?San Jose,?Berkeley?(CA),?Austin?and?Columbus.
- There are more than 800?Amazon Delivery Service Partners?in the last-mile network, employing 75,000 drivers in the U.S.
- 7073彩票平台pers purchased millions more Amazon Devices compared to last holiday.
- Customers interacted with Alexa at record levels this holiday season – from finding recipes, to showing who’s at the front door, finding holiday TV shows and movies, turning on holiday lights and more.
- Customers asked Alexa for recipes and cooking advice tens of millions of times this holiday season.